1. Have you written a letter to the university of your choice that you wish to enroll in?
2. In case you received more than one offer of admission, have you written a letter of regret to the universities you have decided not to attend?
Have you returned the official documents e.g. Form I-20 / Form IAP-66 sent to you by these universities?
3. If you are being sponsored by an organization, have you notified the organization of your plans?
Be sure to maintain close contact with your sponsoring organization. Sponsoring organizations might have various procedures, which you would need to complete and can assist you with may pre-departure arrangements and provide valuable information.
4. Have you submitted an application for housing with a deposit, if required?
5. Have you gained the information on the university campus and community through material provided by the institution, your sponsoring organization and through contact with alumni associations in India?
6. Have you advised the International/ Foreign Student Office of the university you will be attending of your travel plans (itinerary, date and time of arrival?
7. Have you learned to what address you should send unaccompanied baggage? Otherwise have someone send them to you after arrival in U.S.
8. Have you made arrangements to arrive in time to participate in orientation at your university?
9. Have you made sure that on arrival you will have adequate funds for registration and living costs?
10. Have you made arrangements for passport (validity) and visa?
11. Please review this Pre-Departure Orientation Handbook thoroughly before your departure. Take it with you to the U.S. for use while studying.